Your privacy is important to Christchurch Eco, and all community projects run under the umbrella of Christchurch Eco, including Christchurch Street Pride, And Christchurch Green Dog Walkers Scheme. We are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information and to making only responsible use of your data.
Information about you
- We will collect personal information from you when you or your organisation enquire about our activities, register as a member with us or subscribe to one of our services. This may include your name, title, email address, physical address, telephone numbers and job title. We may also ask for some additional, non-personal information.
- Sensitive Personal Information
- Data Protection Law recognises that some categories of personal information are more sensitive. Sensitive Personal Information can include information about a person’s health, race, ethnic origin, political opinions, sex life, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
- We will only use this information just for this project and we will not pass on your details to anyone else without your express permission except in exceptional circumstances.
- Our use of this information
- Your personal information will only be used to process your requests, to provide you with our services, and to provide you with information relating to our services.
- Your information will not be shared with third parties unless you have previously been informed, or as is required by law, such as with HMRC or with the police for the detection or prevention of crime.
- We only keep information as long as is reasonable and necessary for the relevant activity, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations.
- We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us.
- We will ensure that your information is stored securely and that only those who have a need to access it are able to do so.
- Communications in connection with this service may be sent by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications (other than payments where applicable) will not be sent in an encrypted form unless you require it and provide the certification to enable us to communicate with you in that way. E-mail unless encrypted is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we endeavour to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects, we cannot bear responsibility for all communications being virus-free.
- Other information
- You have various rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or make a complaint, you can do so by contacting us at [email protected] You can also make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, https://ico.org.uk
- Access to your personal information: You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, along with information on what personal information we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing and provide us with evidence of your identity.
- Right to object: You can object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Consent: If you have given us your consent to use personal information you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
- No automated-decision making: Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. You have the right not to be subject to automated decisions that will create legal effects or have a similar significant impact on you, unless you have given us your consent, it is necessary for a contract between you and us or is otherwise permitted by law. You also have certain rights to challenge decisions made about you. We do not currently carry out any automated decision-making.
- Please note, some of these rights only apply in certain circumstances and we may not be able to fulfil every request.